For all ties after penalties have been considered, the higher position(s) will be awarded to teams in the following order of merit:
- loses the least number of points for failure to provide lines people.
- has the best won - lost record of games played between tied teams.
- has the best points against record involving the entire Division.
- has the best points scored record involving the entire Division.
- a coin toss between the tied teams.
In the event that two teams are tied for a final playoff spot, a play-in game will decide which team makes the playoffs.
Should three (or more) teams be tied for the final playoff spot, the above tie-breaking system will be used to determine the top two teams, at which point those two teams would compete in the play-in game.